Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tammy and Tracy...a little about us.





In late 1973, this picture of that cute little china doll and that crying little baby was taken. The china doll aka is Tammy, my cousin. The crying little baby is me. I was probably about 2 months old in this photo and Tammy was about 18 months old. This photo is one that sits on my dresser, one that I get to see everyday....and I have to say that I love it...you cannot see our faces...but you can see the love...minus the crying. Here is this little toddler, kissing her baby cousin. Now, I am sure I am not crying because she is kissing me, but I am sure I was crying and she was trying to comfort me. Such a good momma from such a young age.



Today is Tammy's birthday...she turned 38 today...where did 37 years go from the time this picture was taken...how did it slip by so quickly? I sent her flowers today....she told me I was too nice to her...I dont see it as being nice...I see it as doing something for someone you love just because I wanted to. I was a bit upset though when I called to order them this morning...I had no idea what her favorite flower was...so I picked just a pinky arrangement with a short vase. I do hope she liked them.



Tammy and I didn't grow up together much. Differences in lifestyles I guess. But I remember I wrote her a letter and mailed it as an early teen and we had kept in contact on and off over the years. Within the last few years, we have really became a lot closer. I trust her with everything.

I love that we are in constant communication now, regardless of what the reasons are...sometimes to laugh, or make plans, or to moan and holler. It is all okay with me, as I am sure it is with her as well. She is the only family besides my brother that links me to my mom and I am sure she would say that same thing about me. My mom and her mother were sisters. Tammy's mother, Marcia, died when she was little, died before this picture was even taken. I never got to meet her mother. I did hear my mom talk of her often though. But that is our connections...family. We live in different parts of the country...she in sunshiney Florida and I in we-only-have-two-seasons Indiana....but we always enjoy our time together. Tammy will be making a Indiana visit next month and I cannot wait to see her. I will, hopefully, be making a visit to Florida in November...what a treat to be able to see each other two times in one year! I am so looking forward to it.



Here is another photo...a really old one taken in 1957...long before Tammy or I was ever thought of...it is a photo of our maternal grandmother, Joyce, who died about 3 years after this photo was taken and the little brown haired girl in the middle is Marcia, Tammy's mother, maybe she was 5ish and the little blonde was my mom, Brenda, who is 3. This is where our story begun......



No comments:

Post a Comment