Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day

As Mother's Day is tomorrow, I am once again reminded of how wonderful my mom truly was. How steady she made things on such a shaky ground, I am reminded that love truly goes on and on...it doesn't die...it carries on and on. It is something that I see everyday when I wake, when I talk to my brother on the phone, when I talk to my kids and the memories that they have of her. It is everyday that I look within myself and see the love that she gave me and the love that I am able to in turn give my own children. She was a wonderful woman who died much too young and endured way too much pain. She was and always will be my strength!
There was an entry in one of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books that I read many, many years ago. There was one story in particular that I really tugged at my heartstrings, I made a copy of it and gave it to my mom....It really touched home, as I am sure it will for many. Here is a small passage from it. It was titled, "I owe you"
"The person I owe them to worked very cheap. She managed simply by doing without a whole lot of things that she needed for herself. My IOU's add up to much more than I could ever hope to repay. But you know the nicest thing about it all is that I know she'd mark the entire bill "paid in full" for just one kiss and for little words-Mom, I love you."
It still brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.
I hope everyone has a blessed Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment