Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Making a Difference

I have to say that I am always looking for a way to make a difference...always looking for a way to brighten someones day...you just never know when you might be the only smile that someone sees for the day or the only hello they will hear. You just never know when what you do is going to make a difference.

So this morning I woke to the alarm and thought, "oh, boy, I do not want to get out of bed. My feet hurt and my back hurt from working two shifts in a row. I stayed up way too late working on homework. I need to start and complete this project today and I will have homework as well. I have to do a midterm that is due next week. I need to clean my house....it is a mess. I need to paint that bathroom. I need to....." And the list goes on and on. Then immediately as I was working on all of the things that I needed to do, all of the lists continue to build in my head and start to stress me out as I look at that mountain.....this sweet little girl's face popped in my head and I have never met this little angel. I know her father and have met her mom and as her mom and I talked one night she told me about her little girl and that she has some medical issues, which I will not discuss here, but her mom told me that everyday when she talks to this little one and asks her how her day was, she replies, "Its the best day ever!" Her mom, Michelle, even told me that when the little girl was sick with the flu she still would tell her mom, "Its the best day ever!" WOW...those are words to live by!!!!! It doesnt get any better than that!

I tend to be a pretty positive person...but there are times when stuff gets stuck in my head and there are times that things get me down....but I am so blessed to be where I am. I am so thankful that God placed this little girls face in my head this morning. I am so glad that I was able to hear this story from her mom. I am so thankful to have such a little inspiration in life, even if I have never met this little one. I am sure that this little girl doesnt realize what an impact she will make on peoples lives....but what a driving force she will be....that much positiveness at such a young age....she is destined for great things! You never know when you're going to make a difference.....Thanks Samantha for making a difference in mine.

2 comments: