Friday, December 9, 2011

Love you both the same....

Over the years, I have heard on different occasions...."he is your favorite." or "you like her better than me" Hell, I can even remember my brothers and I saying the same thing to our mom at one point or another, but the truth is with me and my kids, I truly love them the same.
Sure there are certain characteristics that I like about my kids that they possess. For instance, I love how Kylie is so much like me and stands her ground. I love how she has the courage to go out and play sports.....something of which I never did.
With Dylan, I love how that child can make me laugh at the drop of a hat. I love how he he is so laid back.
With that being said, there are things that I am not fond of with both of them. With Kylie's strongheadedness, comes a attitude of her way of the highway at times....(yes, the child is very much mine). With Dylan being so laid back, well, lets just say that his living areas can be a little too laid back for me.
There are times that I want to convince them that there is no difference in love between them, but I know that they will never understand this love until they have children of their own....and there is plenty of time for that.

So here's to my children:
I promise to love you both equally.....
and
with
that
comes
this:
I will do whatever it take to make sure you get the best education you possible can...even if that mean riding your butt and checking your grades frequently and taking your possessions away.
I promise that if either of you ever need a kidney, you can have mine.
I promise to continue to tell you each and everyday that I love you...even if this someday gets on your nerves. And I promise to always hear your heart say, I love you too, even when you walk away without saying it.
I will call you out on your crap each and everytime...even if your friends are standing right there....they could probably use the lesson too.
I promise to always be honest with you...no matter how much others might think I am crazy.
I promise to always have your back.
I promise to be there to listen when your heart is broken and I promise to hold on a little tighter when I know you need it even if you don't realize you do.
I promise to continue to teach you to look for the good in others....even if they cannot see it in themselves.
I promise that I am always just a phone call or a text away.
I promise you that there is nothing in this entire World that you can do to make me love you any less.
I promise to always be your biggest cheerleader...in sports and in life.
I will always be proud of you.
I will love you to the moon and back and more than all the blades of grass.
I promise that I will cry at your graduations, and your weddings, and at the births of your children.
I promise to give your future spouses a fair shot...but will take them out if they ever hurt you...and we all know about pigs.
I promise to be the kind of grandma that neither of you have ever had the opportunity to experience.
I promise to always be me.
To Kylie, I promise that there will be days when you hate me and there will be a time when you will drift away...and I promise that I will be there waiting for you to return.
To Dylan, I promise that you will be very happy that you have paid attention to all of the chivalry things that I have tried to instill in you...Gentlemen should always treat a lady well....and you do a wonderful job at that at such a young age.

I cannot even begin to know how to love one child more than another...
it just isn't possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment