Monday, September 12, 2011

So theres this thing....

So there is this thing....this very important thing....its probably more than one thing really...but this thing is my heart, my emotions, my perception....but nonetheless they are a thing and they are mine.
So this heart of mine cares...cares way too much about way too many things....not something I can change about me, but on some issues I am going to try to change....I will have to see if the heart will allow just that.

My heart cares about family...family to me is those of the same bloodline with a few exceptions and those who are by marriage and those who are by my choice....so family can encompass many. Family is what I choose.
Recently, I had family show me that, although this person is very important to me, my heart, and my life....I am not so important to them. This is something that bothered me for days and then I got to thinking about other times and events in my life when this person wasn't there either..I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I do not matter to them as they do to me...not everyone cares quite like I do.

I have decided that I am going to take a step back from said individual...I am going to limit my heart. I spoke with my daughter about this subject and she initially told me to be the bigger person and just reach out...I further expressed my hearts hurt and she came to realize as I do. She told me that a person can only try so much. I am going to take my daughters advice and I am going to stop trying so much....my heart will hopefully be a little happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment